- What does security on the Internet mean?
- What steps has Oxford County Information Systems Group taken to ensure the privacy and security of my information on its Web Site?
- Can other people view my personal information when Iâ€™m using the web?
- How do I clear my cache?
- Are Email transmissions secure?
- Are there alternatives to applying online?
Security on the Internet means that transmissions sent from one source to another maintain their confidentiality and integrity.
- Confidentiality means that unauthorized users cannot read any transmissions sent from one party to another.
- Integrity means that messages are not altered during transmission.
Oxford County Information Systems Group's top priority is to protect the confidentiality and integrity of its customers' information. We have ensured that the appropriate safeguards have been implemented each step of the way. These safeguards include:
- encryption - all applications and other communications requesting confidential information (i.e. anything other than your name, address, telephone number and email address) must be set up in a "secure environment" on our site, transmitted to us securely through the use of encryption and maintained in a secure format upon receipt by us until distribution to the appropriate business area.
- firewalls - Oxford County Information Systems Group has in place an Internet firewall designed to securely separate the Internet from our internal computer systems and databases. Data coming from customer computers via the Internet flows through a series of safety check points on its way to our internal systems so that only authorized messages and transactions enter our computer systems.
- monitoring - Oxford County Information Systems Group monitors all internal systems to ensure that there has been no security attack or attempted break-in.
Yes and no. If you have encrypted your data, then it cannot be viewed while it is being transmitted. However your browser will store your information in memory (cache) after it has been sent. Some sites that you visit after ours may search this memory and obtain information that you haven't intended to provide. To protect yourself from this clear the cache after visiting any secure site.
Instructions for clearing your browser cache differ depending on the type of browser you have.
Email is generally not a secure medium of communication. You should never include personal or banking information in an email to us or anyone else. Only general inquiries should be sent via email.
As an alternative to the on-line application, you can contact the Social Services department by calling 519-539-9800 and ask for the appropriate forms.